- This event has passed.
Kuwait Digital Transformation
2019/10/23 - 2019/10/25
Technology is enabling and accelerating change at an unprecedented rate and this is impacting the behaviors and expectations of your customers, your employees and even society in general.New business models are emerging and startups are making inroads into your existing market share, placing increased pressure on you to take action.
The long-term success of any organisation is largely dependent on its ability to continually adapt and respond to the constantly changing world in which we exist. Those organisations that cultivate a culture of continuous innovation and transformation enabled and accelerated by appropriate governance, process and technology, are best placed to leverage change for competitive advantage and they are able to respond in a proactive manner to the impacts and implications that current and future changes will have on their staff, their business models, their industry ecosystem, consumer behaviours and society in general.
Responsive organisations such as these have the ability to shape the future, as opposed to simply reacting to it.
The day’s agenda
Module 1 – Trends
The day kicks off with a high energy “big picture” session covering current trends based on Andrew’s research and continuous Horizon Scanning activities, intended to open the audience’s minds to the “Art of the Possible”.
During this dynamic and fast-paced overview keynote talk, Andrew will cover the following topics, and explore their impact and relevance to the audience’s specific sectors and industries:
- Customer expectations of your organisation’s level of technology adoption
- Ways to experiment easily with new technologies
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency developments
- The concepts of “smart money” or “programmatic money”
- The underlying Blockchain technology and its application within operations
- Blockchain based Identity / credential systems
- 3D printing
- The Internet of Things (IoT) including the application in developing Smart Cities
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cognitive Computing and its impact on the Future of Work
- Using data for hyper personalisation and customer segmentation
- Augmented & Virtual Reality and their impact on customer and employee experience
- Collaborative ecosystems
Module 2 – Horizon Scanning
The next session consists of two guided group activities to introduce the participants to the concept of continuous horizon scanning in order for them to be in a better position to identify future opportunities for themselves. This module covers “where to look for change” and “how to record and quantify the impact of change” using a structured approach based on Andrew’s TIPS workbook.
Module 3 – Envisioning the Future
Armed with the outputs from the previous session, the participants are introduced to a simple ideation technique to expand their initial thoughts in order to contemplate the wider impacts and implications of change which they then apply in an individual exercise to envision multiple possible futures and associated use cases.
Module 4 – Opportunity Mapping
Not all opportunities are equal and resources are finite. The final session introduces the concept of a quadrant based “Opportunity Radar” across 3 time horizons as an aid to focus actionable next steps.